What is included in the Conference Registration?
The conference registration price covers your admission to the 15 main sessions, numerous breakout sessions, lunch, heavy snacks throughout the conference, and numerous other resources that we make available to conference registrants only. We also know that ministry is a family affair so we offer a 50% discount for spouses and offer free childcare for children infant through fifth grade to attendees. When you bring your wife, she also gets the option to attend our Pastors' Wives’ Luncheon.
We know that times are tough economically right now in our country and that pastors are often on the receiving end of that. We try to make our conference more than a conference. We want it to be a vacation and restorative time for you and your family. Our conference runs for four days, including a Sunday, so that you can take a weekend off from preaching and come be filled. We all need to be encouraged and refueled at times to do what God has called us to do.
I really want to come, but I cannot afford the transportation, lodging, and rate. Can you help me?
We want to make sure that anyone who wishes to attend the conference, is able to do so. Our church considers this conference a ministry, so we have members of our church that will open up their homes so that you do not have to pay for lodging.
Do you offer a price break for seminary students?
The answer is yes and no. We have seminaries that offer classes at our conference and students at those seminaries may take the class (for credit as well) and come to the conference for $50. The $50 covers their registration, meals, and we provide lodging for the seminary students when needed. We do this, not only because we love seminary students and seminaries, but it allows us the opportunity to invest in their ministries. If you are a seminary student and are interested in this opportunity, please contact your registrar's office and ask them if they participate in our conference.
I am a pastor’s wife. Do I have to pay?
We hope pastors will bring their wives and use this as a retreat time. In order to help aid in that process, we are offering a spouse's price at half of the regular price. The $100 covers all the main sessions, seminars, lunches, snacks throughout the conference, and free childcare. If wives wish to attend the Pastors' Wives' Luncheon, there is a $10 charge for the luncheon that can be paid in the registraiton.
Is childcare included/available for our children during the conference?
Yes! We provide daily child care during the conference for children from birth through fifth grade at no cost, but on a limited basis. Families will be able to eat together at lunch and dinner. Children's lunches are included as a part of the registration price. Dinner tickets for children are $5 and can be purchased during registration or at the conference.
What is your cancellation policy? Can I get a refund if there is an emergency?
We understand that there are unforeseeable events that happen, especially in the ministry. Our policy is that we will review every request that we receive, and if honored, you can get a full refund minus a $25 processing fee up until December 31, 2015. From January 1 to February 15, 2016, the processing fee rises to $50. There will be no refunds given after February 15. Please email your cancellation request, including your name, address, phone number, and reason for cancellation to firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellation/refund requests are subject to review and may be denied.
Do you offer anything for Pastors' Wives?
Pastors' wives also bear the weight of ministry. We like to offer the opportunity for women to attend the conference, seminars, premium sessions, and worship with their husbands. During the conference this year, we are also providing a special luncheon, just for pastors' wives on Saturday.
Where is First Baptist Church Jacksonville located?
First Baptist Church Jacksonville is located at the heart of downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Approximately 20 minutes from Jacksonville International Airport and 25 minutes from the beaches, FBC JAX occupies multiple downtown city blocks.
The street address for the church is: 124 W. Ashley Street Jacksonville, Florida 32202
Where can I stay while I am at the conference?
We have an entire page of hotels, available here ,that have partnered with the conference and have special rates that are only available to conference attendees.
What can I do in Jacksonville in my free time?
- A great place to get started answering this question is VisitJacksonville.com. There you will find a list of many of the activities going on in Jacksonville.
- Most people come to Jacksonville for the beach. There are several beaches located along the coast of Jacksonville that provide great fishing, surfing, and relaxation in general.
- St. Augustine, immediately to the south of Jacksonville, has some amazing historical sites and some great restaurants.
- Amelia Island, located immediately north of Jacksonville, is another great historic site with a very unique downtown covered with quaint shops and restaurants.
- There are 3 malls (Avenues Mall, Regency Mall, and the St. John’s Town Center) with the St. John’s Town Center, an outdoor mall, being our newest. St. Augustine also has an outlet center that hosts over 85 outlet stores.
- Downtown we have our Riverwalk that is a boardwalk along the St. John’s River. The Landing is located on the Riverwalk with several restaurants and shops open.
- Jacksonville has numerous golf courses that you might be interested in as well. Golf Link lists several of the golf courses in our area and has links to most of their websites. If your interest is golf, you will also want to visit World Golf Village in St. Augustine.
What is the weather like in Jacksonville during Pastors Conference?
January is one of the coldest months of the year in Florida, with temperatures of around 64°F throughout the day, that can drop to low 50’s. Wintertime in Jacksonville normally sees little rainfall.
Are there restaurants located within walking distance from the church?
Here are a few restaurants located within walking distance from the church. There are several smaller restaurants in this vicinity but these are the larger ones. There are also several restaurants located close to the church that are just a short drive away:
- Café Nola - located one block from the church in the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Shelby’s Coffee Shop - located about 2 blocks from the church in the Library. They serve sandwiches sand snacks as well as coffee.
- Burrito Gallery - Located about 3 or 4 blocks away off of Adams & Main St.
- Quizno’s Subs - located 2 blocks from the church, on the southwest corner of Hemming plaza.
- Subway - located 1.5 blocks from the church, on the southern corner of Hemming plaza.
- Café Magnificat - located 2 blocks from the church, on the southeast corner of Hemming plaza across from the library.
- Chamblin's Uptown - located 2 blocks from the church. They offer a selection of sandwiches and soup, as well as coffee and breakfast items.
- Adams Street Deli & Grill- located 3 or 4 blocks away on Adams Street. It is a great sandwich/salad shop.
- The Landing - The landing is located at the River and about 6 blocks from the church straight down Laura Street. It houses a food court and several great restaurants as well. This is a great place to run to for dinner with friends.
Are there restaurants located near our hotels?
The simple answer is yes, but you will need to check with each hotel to ask them what is located immediately close to them since we have hotels all over Jacksonville.
Can I attend a Sunday school Class on Sunday Morning?
Absolutely! We offer a 9:00 AM service for attendees in the Main Auditorium because we know that not all will want to attend classes. However we would love to have you visit a small group to see how we do Sunday school. If you need help finding or choosing a class, please visit our Guest Services desks located on the first floor of the Main Auditorium, the Children''s Building and the Preschool Building.